Friday, April 13, 2007

American Idol - Highlights

haleyshorts1.jpgHaley always seemed like a beauty pageant contestant who happened to wander into the wrong television program. I think her skimpy outfits were her downfall, although being in the top ten and on the American Idol Tour isn't much of a fall. I don't think Haley was getting the female vote. It's one thing to know you are sexy looking and have a good time with it, it's another thing to flaunt it and look smug about it, which is where Haley crossed the line. I guess she figured no one would notice her singing performance if they were distracted, but the obvious distraction ploy became annoying.

Sanjaya really knows how to play to the camera and he had me in stitches this week. Simon said his performance "wasn't horrible". Actually, it was, but I enjoyed the laugh. I like the guy, and he's a nice change from all the Justin Timberlake clones. He's healthy, probably doesn't do drugs and he's got good teeth. A perfect Idol for all the under fourteen's.

Blake Lewis is still my favorite to win.

The real Highlight of the show for me was Simon acknowledging his man boobs. He was hardly humiliated by the incident, but was a rather good sport.

No comments: