Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Why, Mandisa, Why?

mandisa1.jpgI had planned to say a little something about American Idol this morning, but there’s only one thing that stands out in my mind from last night’s show and it isn't little. I know it’s not considered nice to discuss such things, but I’ve never seen a derriere quite as expansive as Mandisa’s and I don’t think packing it into a pair of tight jeans is fair to the viewing public. Her butt is too big to squeeze into one pair of jeans and she needs to try and tone it down, not stagger us with the sheer expanse and enormity of that part of her anatomy. My senses were assaulted. The camera needs to stay on the woman’s face and not treat us to the sweeping wide angle from behind.

While I was trying to concentrate on the mostly lackluster performances from the remaining contestants, I found my mind wandering. How many airline seats would she have to book for her posterior? Can she actually fit into the ladies room on an airplane? And then there's the commode itself. Don't go there. Can she get into compact cars and were those jeans made especially for her, or are do they now consider "super size" jeans standard?

Yes, yes, I know, she has a fantastic voice and a shining spirit and those are the things that count. All I'm saying is keep away from the tight pants Mandisa. Please.

No comments: