Tuesday, May 6, 2008

American Idol - Jason Castro Wants to go Home - May 6th


Jason Castro strikes me as a man seriously jonesing for some alone time with a bag of weed. Or maybe it's just the dreads and that "hey Dude, how'd I get here?" thing he has going on that puts me in mind of a pot head. It's not much of a stretch, is it? He's been acting like this is all a big joke, which it might actually be, and that he figures he could show up and pass gas and people would still vote for him, which they might actually do. Jason sang I Shot the Sherriff and then botched some of the lyrics to Mister Tambourine Man. Simon advised him to pack his bags.

Syesha was off tonight too. Proud Mary fell short and A Change is Gonna Come was bland. Randy's accurate criticism appeared to bring her to tears and she lost it for a while. Or maybe it was just the pressure of it all and the normally kind Randy being thoroughly unimpressed with her efforts.

David Cook. Hmmm. Not impressed tonight. Was the audio off at the beginning of the show? The band seemed to disappear for a while. I couldn't hear his backing and I think it would have made a difference, especially on Hungry Like the Wolf. And who the hell is Baba O'Riley? I thought that song was called Teenage Wasteland. Where did old Baba fit into that song? Now I have to go and look it up before I go to bed.

David Archuleta was wonderful, but I sure wish he'd done Blue Suede Shoes and had a little fun, rather than tackling one of Elvis's more somber numbers, Love Me Tender. You're seventeen David, loosen up a little bit!

Just two more weeks to go!

No comments: